NPR Features Bob Moog Foundation in Three October Segments; National Print Publications Take Notice
With Moogfest 2010 drawing attention to all things Moog, the worldwide music community has its ears tuned the ways Bob Moog’s legacy is being carried forward. In that spirit, NPR featured the Bob Moog Foundation in three separate programs in the month of October:
- Songs of the Re:Union – The Bob Moog Foundation – In this video podcast, Brenton Crozier explores the Bob Moog’s legacy as it is manifested through the Bob Moog Foundation. Michelle Moog-Koussa and Brian Kehew are interviewed and special archival images and sound clips are shared.
- Echoes with John Dilibreto: Moogfest 2010 – featuring Ashley Capps and Michelle Moog-Koussa. John Dilebreto does does a masterful job exploring Moogfest past and present in this podcast/mp3 version of his popular music feature.
- Sound Opinions on WBEZ – Chicago: The Moog featuring Bob Moog Foundation Archive (BMFA) Historian Brian Kehew
Other National and Local Publications had their eye on the Bob Moog Foundation as well. Here are a few that stand out:
- Keyboard Magazine featured the work of the Bob Moog Foundation in their October issue in Bob Moog Lives by Michelle Moog-Koussa. You can see the full article at the Keyboardmag.com.
- New York Times covered Moogfest with on-the-streets and in-the-audience insights. Music critic John Pareles gives the Bob Moog Foundation a nice nod for its participation as host to the education and history panels that look place during the day at the festival.
- Mountain Xpress highlighted the reason Moogfest was in Asheville this year in Celebrating Bob’s Spirit on a Hallowed Weekend.